At Michigan State University, we offer a wide range of health care programs to help meet the needs of our employees. Look through the links on this page to learn more. If you have any questions, please contact MSU HR at 517-353-4434 or email SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu.
Health Care Plans
- Blue Care Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Community Blue
- BlueCard Out-of-State - NEW for the 2024 plan year
- Cigna Global Health Plan for Retirees
- Cigna Global Health Plan for Employees
- Consumer Driven Health Plan
- Humana Group Medicare Advantage PPO Plan
Humana MSU Non-Medicare PPO Plan
Summaries & Brochures
Medicare Advantage Plans
Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable Files
The Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for MSU health plans can be located at: https://bcbsm.sapphiremrfhub.com/tocs/current/michigan_state_university.
Learn more about the following optional benefits options that are available to help eligible retirees and employees:
- Livongo : A diabetes management program to help you feel empowered to take control of your health and save money on necessary medical supplies. Available for all active benefit eligible employees and dependents (including those with mandated insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Please note that employees and/or their dependents enrolled in Medicare are not eligible (a similar program is available through Medicare).
- Teladoc : An online medical care service that gives you 24/7 access to a health care professional via web, phone or mobile app in minutes. Available to active employees and their dependents that are enrolled in a MSU health plan (including those with mandated insurance under the ACA). Note: Retirees covered under Humana have a similar program available to them. For more information contact Humana Customer Service at 1-800-273-2509.
- Teladoc Medical Experts: Find expert second medical opinions and access to coaching and online educational tools. Available for all benefit eligible retirees and regular benefit eligible employees (note: employees with mandated insurance under the ACA are not eligible).
- TruHearing : Some benefit providers offer discounts on hearing aids for retirees and active employees.