Requesting Access to Tiles
Tiles are granted based on security roles ( see the list of tiles and roles ). For many tiles this happens automatically based on your employment status. For others, the security role must be requested.
You CANNOT request an individual tile. Rather, you must request the relevant security role, and will receive all related tiles.
Visit the Access Management Services to request most of these roles. Follow these step-by-step directions:
- Find the access type noted below and choose the associated "Request" button
For this role Use form Ad hoc Approver for workflow EBS - HR Payroll Approver Adhoc HR Unit TOC Form Initiator EBS - Unit HR Roles Labor Distribution Report EBS - Unit HR Roles Manager Self-Service EBS - Manager Self Service Role Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure Default Form Unit Administrator EBS - Unit HR Roles Unit Reporting Administrator EBS - Unit HR Roles Unit Time Administrator EBS - Unit HR Roles Unit Time Entry Specialist EBS - Unit HR Roles All other HR roles not listed above Default Form
- Under Select Users, use the "User Search" field to find the employee who will receive the role. Select their name from the dropdown below the search field. The following fields will be filled automatically:
- MSU Username
- Organization Name
- Then click the "Add User" button (the name will be added below). Additional users can be added by repeating step #2.
- Under the "Action" column, choose to "Add" (or "Remove")
- Additional Information may be required (see the table below under "Specific Instructions" )
- Enter any explanatory notes
- Press the "Check Form" button
- Select the "Submit Access Request" button
Once approved by your unit and MSU IT Services, the access will be granted; this will take several business days, and up to 2 weeks during busy periods. The related tiles will appear the following day.
Some security roles require additional information, or an additional action to be fully functional.
|Role||Detail Required for eARM form|
8-digit position number of supervisor or substitute
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: Proper reporting relationships must be created.
|HR Unit Time Administrator||8-digit code of the department(s) or MAU 2-digit code managed by employee|
|HR Time Entry Specialist||8-digit code of the department(s) or MAU 2-digit code managed by employee|
|HR Unit Administrator||
Types of employees being managed (Support Staff, Faculty, Students, Graduate Students, Temp/On-Call)
|HR Unit Reporting Administrator||8-digit code of the departments for which data will be available|
|HR Unit TOC Form Initiator||8-digit code of the departments for which the forms will be available|
|EBS Unit HR Payroll Approver||
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: The NetID must be entered in Workflow Routing .
|EBS - HR Payroll Approver Adhoc||Ad hoc approvers have the same security role as EBS Unit HR Payroll Approvers, however, they do not need an entry in the workflow routing table.|
|Reppointment, Promotion & Tenure||
8-digit code of department(s) or MAU(s) will be managed by the employee
(leave 2-3 weeks processing time so that access can be granted prior to November 1 for the annual cycle)