Available Retirement Plans
Use these links to obtain information about the plans available at MSU.
- 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- MSU Retirement Plan Enrollment Guide
- Retirement Plan Comparison Chart
Additional information about the MSU Retirement Plans
- For specific types of investments, such as ESG funds (environmental, social and governance) or other specialized investments outside of the options currently offered in the core investment menus, a self-directed brokerage account can be opened at either of the vendors to choose from thousands of available mutual funds. Review the self-directed brokerage account brochure to learn more about Fidelity's BrokerageLink or TIAA's Brokerage account.
- The MSU 403(b) Retirement Plan also includes an additional University-paid contribution for benefits eligible support staff employees hired July 1, 2010 and later. The University contribution is 0.5% of eligible earnings per pay period to an account at Fidelity. For more detail, please review the MSU Retirement Plans Enrollment Guide or the 403(b) Retirement Plan Policy.
- Temporary and on-call employees are eligible to participate in the 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program. For retirees who return to work in a temporary or on-call position, please contact the HR Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu or 517-353-4434 for information to enroll, change the percent contribution, or disenroll.
- Retirement Investment Advisory Committee (RIAC)
- Retirement Plan Consolidation