Available Retirement Plans
- Effective the week of October 17, 2022, MSU is making changes to its retirement plans. Details will be provided directly by the retirement vendors later in September. General information is available here.
Use these links to obtain information about the plans available at MSU.
- 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- MSU Retirement Plan Enrollment Guide
- Retirement Plan Comparison Chart
Additional information about the MSU Retirement Plans
- For specific types of investments, such as ESG funds (environmental, social and governance) or other specialized investments outside of the options currently offered in the core investment menus, a self-directed brokerage account can be opened at either of the vendors to choose from thousands of available mutual funds. Review the self-directed brokerage account brochure to learn more about Fidelity's BrokerageLink or TIAA's Brokerage account.
- The MSU 403(b) Retirement Plan also includes an additional University-paid contribution for benefits eligible support staff employees hired July 1, 2010 and later. The University contribution is 0.5% of eligible earnings per pay period to an account at Fidelity, and increases to 0.75% after achieving 120 vacation service months of employment. For more detail, please review the MSU Retirement Plans Enrollment Guide or the 403(b) Retirement Plan Policy.
- Temporary and on-call employees are eligible to participate in the 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Program. For retirees who return to work in a temporary or on-call position, please contact the HR Solutions Center at SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu or 517-353-4434 for information to enroll, change the percent contribution, or disenroll.
- Retirement Investment Advisory Committee (RIAC)
- Retirement Plan Consolidation