- Sign and return the letter of offer to the employing unit.
- Sign and return the disclosure and consent form for criminal background (Consumer Disclosure And Authorization Form) with the letter of offer.
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9)
- Required for all new hires to the University or those students who have not worked in some capacity in the 12-months prior to this appointment.
- Must be completed online as soon as possible, but no later than 3 business days after the start date of your appointment period.
- Be prepared by bringing with you required documentation that demonstrates your authorization to work in the United States. Review the link above for document information.
- CPT/OPT Form – Completed by student and OISS
- Required for International Graduate Assistants working more than 50% (20 hours/week) during Fall and/or Spring semester(s).
- Payroll Forms (Tax forms and direct deposit information)
- Initiate through EBS Portal. Please note: ESS will not be available until after your appointment start date.
- International students will be contacted by the Payroll Office to schedule a time to complete payroll paperwork.
- Parking permits
- Use the on-line parking system found at the Parking Office website.
- Visit the MSU Parking Office in person. Be sure to have with you:
- A letter signed by your Department Administrator which includes: student number, title, start date, and end date. Pictured student ID or MSU employee ID. A copy of current vehicle registration.
- Payment for the permit.
Support Staff Orientation