MSU Human Resources >> Toolkits >> Employment Information


Faculty/Staff IDs 

  • New faculty/academic staff and support staff employees may receive their MSU ID card from the MSU ID Office in room 170 International Center 
  • If you need a MSU ID, you may apply for a card at Room 170 International Center 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday. 
  • Your spouse is also eligible for an ID card entitling them to certain privileges. See MSU ID list of requirements to obtain one.  
  • Your first University ID card is issued free of charge. Replacement cards cost $10.00 and can be obtained by bringing a government issued photo identification such as a valid drivers license, passport, state or federal ID to the MSU ID Office. Keep your I.D. card with you while on campus. It may be used to establish identity for such privileges as use of intramural buildings, libraries, Forest Akers golf course, and other campus activities and facilities.


  • Parking is very limited on our campus. All vehicles are required to be registered. As a new employee, you must register your vehicle and receive a parking permit through the MSU Police Department located at 1120 Red Cedar Road, East Lansing, MI 48824. Faculty/staff parking permits are not valid in leased spaces, at meters, in service vehicle spaces, or during special events (football games, concerts, etc.).

Tax Forms and Direct Deposit

  • Support staff will be provided information about necessary forms through the PageUp Applicant Tracking System Onboarding Portal. Faculty/Academic Staff can log into the EBS Portal to complete the payroll withholding forms and direct deposit forms. The Immigration and Naturalization Service I-9 Form is performed electronically and can be completed through the I-9 management website. Human Resources provides directions for completing the I-9 form electronically here.

MSU NetID/PIN Request

  • The NetID is an auto-generated personal identifier at MSU and serves as the login to many university computing and networking services including the Enterprise Business System (EBS) Portal to enroll in benefits, apply for university positions and change payroll information. The NetID also determines you MSU email address, which is
  • You should have received a 4-digit PIN number (password utilized to activate your NetID) through your department. You will need this number to activate your NetID. Once you have received your PIN, you may activate your NetID here. If you did not receive a PIN, you can request one here.

Disability or Veteran Self-Identification

  • You are invited to use the EBS Portal to collect information about the number of veterans and persons with a disability employed at MSU. Federal regulations require that MSU make an effort to collect and track this information. This information also helps us to support the university-wide commitment to assuring equal access, promotional and equal employment opportunity.
  • Participation is voluntary; you are not required to provide this information. Log in to the EBS Portal using your MSU NetID and password.
  • If you are a veteran or a person with a disability, please consider using the new system to provide us with information about your status. The Jobs for Veterans Act and amendments to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act have expanded the categories of protected veterans. Even if you have self-identified as a veteran in past surveys, you are encouraged to review the new reporting categories and check all categories that apply. If you are a person with a disability, completing this survey does not validate the presence of an ADA disability nor serve as notice of your need for specific accommodations. If you wish to request accommodation, please contact the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD) at 517-353-9642. Information also is available on the RCPD website at
  • Though the EBS Portal we are asking you to use may be new, the effort to collect this type of information is not. The new system is replacing the previous systems.
  • If you do not have internet access and want to report new information about your status as a veteran or a person with a disability, please contact MSU Human Resources at 517-353-4434 (phone tree option #3) to make an appointment and Human Resources staff can assist you in accessing and using the system.

Attendance System

  • Support staff employees will use the EBS Portal (which requires your MSU NetID) to record absences and access personalized information such as sick, personal,  and vacation time quotas. These updates automatically provide MSU Human Resources and Payroll with required information for payroll processing.

Academic Calendar

  • The academic year consists of two semesters of approximately fifteen weeks each. The fall semester begins in late August and ends by mid-December. The spring semester begins in January and ends in early May.
  • There are two sessions during the summer semester. The first session begins in mid-May and runs through early July. The second session begins the first week of July and runs through late August. Sessions of varying length for defined audiences are also scheduled during the summer.