Personal Information contains personal information related to you and your employment.
Steps Bank Information
(Direct Deposit or PayCard)
PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your payroll cycle, changes to your bank information may not take effect until your next pay date.
- Click the edit (pencil) graphic.
- Bank Information Editable fields:
- Routing Number (number available from bank statement or personal check)
- Account Number
- Account Type (choose Savings or Checking from dropdown)
- Payment Method (choose Direct Deposit (ACH) from dropdown)
- Employee Authorization (must be selected to save changes)
- PayCard Request (select to request a PayCard; a request will be sent to Payroll)
- Check the box for “Employee Authorization”.
- Click on Save and Back to save changes.
- A confirmation message “Data saved successfully” will appear.
- Click on Cancel to exit the screen if no changes are made.
For your protection, a confirmation of “An update to your Payroll Direct Deposit record” will be sent immediately via email; a subsequent email will be sent four days later.
Messages and Errors:
- “Bank key is invalid” (occurs when Routing Number entered in error)
- “Bank Acct. No. xxxxxxx must contain only numbers” (alpha characters are not allowed)
- “Employee Authorization must be confirmed to save changes” (box must be checked before clicking on Save and Back)
- To clear error message and start over, click on Cancel and OK.
Additional items that can be viewed and/or updated from this application include:
- Addresses. Select Add and select Address Type. Select the pencil to update existing.
- Emergency Contact. Select Add if none exist. Select the pencil to update existing
- Contact Information. Select Add and select Contact Type. Select the pencil or trash can to update existing.
- Personal Information. Select pencil to add name format or update personal details.
- Family Member/Dependents. Can Add a Dependent or view existing.
- Retirement Eligibility Information. View data only.
- Benefit Eligibility Information. View data only.
- W-4 Federal and State Tax Withholding. Select the pencil to update existing.
- W-4 Local Tax - Residency. (not currently used)
- W-4 Local Tax - Location of Work. (not currently used)
- Salary Data. View data only.
After completion or review of variations click the house to return home, log out if finished or use the search to find another application.
If I have had a legal name change how do I update my information?
Legal Name fields cannot be changed by you, please contact MSU Human Resources for assistance.
For information on how to use this application with a screen reader, go to the accessibility tips page.
- Use browse mode to read headings and text under each category (e.g. Bank Information).
- Remember to switch to browse mode to read paragraph text.