SETTING UP YOUR COMPUTER
For the EBS Portal and links related to HR & Payroll, only use the software (older versions are not supported) and settings listed below, or consider using the MSU Virtual Desktop.The information below is relevant for the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Portal and the HR and Payroll functions within the portal. For information on compatibility with other EBS Systems, such as Finance and Business Intelligence, see the Compatibility Matrix.
You may have some success using software that is not supported. If issues are encountered use supported software.
Only the software combinations below are supported.
Supported browsers on Windows 10, up to version 1909
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge, version 44
- Google Chrome, version 81
Mozilla Firefox ESR, version 68
Note that ONLY the Extended Support Release (ESR) version is supported, and not the Rapid Release version.
Supported browsers on MacOS, up to version 10.15 (Catalina)
- Safari, version 13 (no other browsers are supported on the MacOS operating system)
- Internet Explorer with Microsoft Windows (use VMWare - and not Parallels Desktop - to run Windows on a Mac)
Your productivity with EBS will work best with the proper browser settings.
Mobile Devices & Other Operating Systems
Mobile devices, and desktop operating systems other then Windows and Mac, are NOT supported, such as:
- Chrome OS (e.g. ChromeBook, GooglePixel)
- Windows Mobile (e.g. SurfacePro)
- Mac iOS (e.g. iPhone, iPad)
- Linux (including Debian, Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu, etc.)