MSU retirees have the opportunity to enroll in several voluntary, retiree-paid benefits programs. These programs include:
- Vision Insurance
- Legal Insurance
Retirees and their benefits-eligible dependents may purchase optional, retiree-paid vision coverage through VSP® Vision Care. VSP offers savings on your eye exam and eyewear, and discounts on laser vision correction. Review the plan summary sheet (coming) for basic information about the plan coverage and rates.
Some highlights of the VSP plan include personalized care, a large variety of available eye care, ease of use and a satisfaction guarantee. You may enroll at any time, with coverage effective the first of the month following enrollment.
Current enrollees do not need to do anything to re-enroll. To view your current plan, or for new members to enroll, go to msuretirees.vspforme.com or call 1-800-400-4569.
For as low as $18.30 per month, this voluntary benefit offers retirees and their families added protection from many of today’s legal matters. When you choose to work with an ARAG network attorney, most covered legal matters are 100% paid-in-full. Some of the covered services include:
- Consumer Protection, such as insurance disputes, warranty issues, telemarketing scams, auto purchase/repair and contractor problems.
- Financial Protection for debt collection matters, Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security and veterans benefits.
- Real Estate, such as buying/selling a home, home equity loans and refinancing.
- Wills and Estate Planning, including durable/financial power of attorney, inheritance rights, health care power of attorney, elder law and living wills.
You can also choose the UltimateAdvisor Plus™ plan ($22.50 per month), which includes additional benefits:
- Identity Theft Protection. From credit monitoring to lost wallet and identity restoration, your personal information and financial standing are protected.
- Caregiving Services. Work with an eldercare expert who can help you assess eldercare needs, answer your legal questions and more.
- Coverage for Trusts. Protect the assets that you have worked hard for.
Review the plan summary sheet for basic information about the plan options and rates. To view your plan options, or to enroll, go to ARAGlegal.com, enter access code: 17873ret or call 800-247-4184, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
We've requested accessible versions of website documents from vendors. If you have difficulty reading any documents, contact the HR Solutions Center at 517-353-4434 or SolutionsCenter@hr.msu.edu.