Consumer Driven Health Plan rates for
The following are monthly premium rates for ACA-mandated employees that enroll in the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP). Learn more about the CDHP with HSA.
|ACA-Mandated Employee Monthly Premium Rates for the CDHP|
|Coverage Tier1||Temp/On-Call||Fixed Term Faculty||Graduate Assistants||AY Faculty|
Health Savings Account Contribution Schedule
In addition to the CDHP, employees are also eligible to contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) administered by HealthEquity. MSU will contribute up to a maximum of $750 per year to eligible employees2.
|Health Savings Account Contribution Schedule|
Contribution Disbursement Schedule
(Based on enrollment in the HSA)
|Contribution Amount Upon Initial Enrollment3||Contribution Amount for Subsequent Years|
|First Quarter: March||$125.00||$187.50|
|Second Quarter: June||$125.00||$187.50|
|Third Quarter: September||$125.00||$187.50|
|Forth Quarter: December||$125.00||$187.50|
|Total for the Year||$750.00||$750.00|
2 To enroll in and contribute to a HSA, you MUST meet the following IRS regulations:
- You must be covered by a HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (like the MSU CDHP administered by Community Blue)
- You cannot be covered by another non-high deductible medical plan (a major medical plan) or a high-deductible plan that is not compliant with IRS rules regarding HSAs.
- You cannot be covered by a health care flexible spending account (FSA) until the end of the FSA grace period, currently April 30.
- You cannot be enrolled in Medicare (Part A, B or D).
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual's tax return.
- You cannot be currently enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan.
3 The HSA contribution will be made the following month upon enrollment in the HSA. tHe quarterly contribution amounts differ depending on when you enroll during your initial year. For example, if the enrollment occurs April 3, the initial HSA contribution of $250.00 is effective May 1 plus $125.00 for that quarter. The total contribution will not exceed $750.00 per year. IF enrollment occurs in the 4th quarter the total HS contribution would be $375.00.