Last revised February 23, 2023
The best leaders are lifelong learners adaptable to change and flexible in their leadership style. They know that the complexity of the role demands new ideas and strategies to stay fresh and ahead of the curve. Below are some great resources that can keep you on your game, without taking a lot of time.
Trauma Informed Workplace
Leading in a Hybrid World
- Job Aid: Work from Anywhere (PowerPoint from McLean & Company)
- How to Manage a Hybrid Team (Harvard Business Review)
- Create Your Hybrid Workplace Strategy with 7 Questions (Gallup)
- Establishing Effective Virtual Teams (elevateU course, 30 minutes)
- Leading Virtually (elevateU course, 43 minutes)
- Contributing as a Virtual Team Member (elevateU course, 18 minutes)
- How to Smoothly Transition from At-Home to In-Person Work (MSU College of Social Science)
- Individual and Team Resources in elevateU
- Measure Performance: Strategies for Remote and Hybrid Teams (Gallup)
- Setting Boundaries for Remote-friendly Teams (Workplaceless)
- How to Set Expectations and Boundaries in Remote Work (Remote Leader Project)
- Sample Calendar Guidelines (.docx)
Engaging Remote and Hybrid Teams
Onboarding Your Virtual Team Members (Association for Talent Development)
- How to Have a Hybrid Meeting that Works for Everyone (Short video from Harvard Business Review)
- Moving from Virtual to Hybrid Meetings (LinkedIn)
- Make Hybrid Meetings the Best of Both Worlds (Forbes)
This nine-session program equips new leaders with a toolkit of crucial knowledge and resources.
Sessions cover a variety of topics, including:
- Leading in a Union Environment
- Workforce Management and Strategic Staffing
- Fostering an Inclusive Culture
- Budget Responsibilities and Ethical Finance
- Conflict Management
- and more
Leadership Newsletters, Blogs and Podcasts
Discover insights into timely leadership topics from HR's Organization and Professional Development department.
Receive blog posts via email or just check out their site as you wish. Great insights, tips on new books, and well written ideas to inspire and inform you.
Sign up for this newsletter from Crucial Learning, the leadership training company behind several MSU HR's Organization and Professional Development courses including Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue and The Power of Habit. This question/answer format addresses interesting scenarios with detailed, practical answers for dealing with all types of tricky situations.
Sign up for this e-newsletter from the Center for Creative Leadership to get great information and the opportunity to check out CCL's leadership programs, webinars, publications, podcasts and more.
Note: Any third-party links above are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Michigan State University of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Michigan State University bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.