NON FRINGE RESEARCH ASSISTANT, PREVIOUS STIPEND AND OFFER LETTER FAQS
Post-comps (DD status) Ph.D. students.
During the SUMMER semester with no SI charge (if less than 75% employed).
The following conditions must be met:
- Non Fringe Research assistantship appointments only
- No concurrent Summer appointments with a regular RA, TA or TE assistantship.
- If this RA category is chosen, the student may not concurrently hold other RA appointments.
- Student must have held an immediately prior SPRING semester GA (any type), so that the student will continue health insurance coverage (which runs until August 31).
- Student must be classified with the Registrar's office as DD status, e.g., Ph.D. completed comprehensive exams
- Student must be enrolled for ONE credit (for IRS/FICA purposes and MSU definition of "full time"), and there will be no charge for that credit to the Unit.