- Identifies and implements new processes and initiatives that help the customer/department accomplish its goals;
- Translates ideas into specific tasks/actions to improve operations;
- Actively seeks and suggests better ways of getting the job done, and learns from both successes and failures;
- Creatively applies and actively shares expertise and best practices with other departments.
- Takes the initiative to learn new skills that would benefit the position and operational objectives;
- Takes ownership of own professional development;
- Learns from and seeks others' ideas and perspectives;
- Acts as a mentor and/or encourages other employees to improve and develop individual skills;
- Seeks feedback on performance;
- Considers, evaluates, and incorporates others' suggestions about their own performance;
- Continuously looks for new or nontraditional ideas to improve personal, team and operational effectiveness.
- Injects originality into daily work through research, personal knowledge, and networking relationships;
- Thinks "outside the box";
- Brainstorms and encourages new ideas and solutions;
- Takes appropriate risks.
- Insists on and/or provides on high quality service for internal and external customers;
- Demonstrates customer focus by seeking out, understanding, and responding to the needs of both internal and external customers;
- Responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner;
- Develops effective partnerships with customers;
- Effectively and professionally works with upset customers, solving their problems;
- Continually seeks efficient ways of providing services by minimizing procedural requirements.
- Thinks and considers possible future change;
- Helps provide a clear customer-focused sense of direction for the team and co-workers to support the department's vision;
- Develops and/or explains strategic action plans for practical use;
- Inspires and energizes others to commit to vision;
- Develops and refines vision to reflect constant and accelerating change impacting MSU.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change, improvements, etc.;
- Adapts own attitudes and behavior to work effectively with different people and situations;
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, better ideas, strategies, procedures, and methods;
- Maintains work effectiveness in new situations.
- Views him/herself as part of the team, not above it;
- Is flexible and easy to approach;
- Builds positive working relationships with all staff;
- Provides recognition;
- Develops staff;
- Personally models MSU's values, behaviors, and work practices;
- Has personal credibility and high integrity;
- Utilizes internal organizational resources effectively;
- Anticipates and plans for future developments;
- Tackles difficult problems and decisions, when appropriate;
- Handles pressure and stress appropriately.
- Openly shares information, knowledge and expertise with the team and co-workers;
- Cooperates with other members to achieve the workgroup's goals;
- Appropriately gives and is open to feedback from team/coworkers;
- Puts accomplishing the interests of the University/unit ahead of accomplishing individual goals;
- Actively works to remove barriers to team effectiveness;
- Utilizes team members' skills to accomplish goals.