Reminder of Dates
The Reminder of Dates report provides the ability for Unit Administrators to view important, non-confidential, administrative dates for the past, present, and future of an employee. It allows Unit Administrators to stay up-to-date with particular actions that are scheduled/need to occur for an employee based on a specific date. This report can be run for one employee, several employees, or an entire organizational unit. In addition to viewing the important dates for an employee, the report provides functionality to filter the returned results to only display organizational or person specific data. This report includes 11 date types.
Access to this report is granted to any user holding the role of “Unit Administrator” or “MSS role” in the HR/Payroll system. The appropriate ARM form must be completed, submitted and approved to gain this user role. ARM forms are located via IT Services Security Contact Resources at https://aissecuritycontact.ais.msu.edu/ebs_arm_index.html.
Running the Report
The report front-end screen provides the user with several criteria selections for running the report and is divided into several sections.
This section provides the ability to specify a particular date range for which tasks and their associated dates will be included in the report results. When a date specification is indicated, the report will return results based on the date of the task that falls into the range, and not the date of the reminder.
- Today –Report to return tasks that are due today for the indicated employee or organizational unit.
- Current Month – Report to return tasks that are due within the current month for the indicated employee or organizational unit.
- Current Year – Report to return tasks that are due within the current year for the indicated employee or organizational unit.
- Up to Today – Report to return tasks that are due before today for the indicated employee or organizational unit.
- From Today – Report to return tasks that are due in the future for the indicated employee or organizational unit.
- Other Period – Report to return tasks that are due within the user specified period for the indicated employee or organizational unit. A custom date range may be entered here.
This section of the report front-end determines the employee criteria for the report. These are the standard selection fields found on many SAP reports which allow you to display results based on the data fields selected.
- Personnel Number – Enter an employee personnel number in this field to view a report of dates for reminders for the specific person based on the selected period.
Employment Status – Filters the report to include all or any combination of employee employment statuses.
- Personnel Area – Use this field to view dates for all employees in a specific personnel area.
- Personnel Subarea – Use this field to view dates for all employees in a specific personnel subarea.
- Employee Group – Use this field to view dates for all employees in an employee group.
- Employee Subgroup – Use this field to view dates for all employees in an employee subgroup.
- Organizational Unit – Use this field to view dates for all employees within an organizational unit.
Reading the Report
Once the report is executed, a list of tasks will be displayed for each employee along with the data that the task should have been performed. The report is able to display dates for the following tasks:
Two Yr End Date LOA
Specifies the date at which the Leave of Absence (LOA) expires. For example, if an employee takes a 2 yr LOA this would be the date two years from the effective date of the LOA.
Next Admin Review
Specifies the date when administrative review should have taken place for the employee.
Est LOA End Date
Specifies the estimated date when an employee is expected to return from a leave of absence.
Specifies the date of contract renewal
Specifies the date driver certification needs to be performed.
Temp ID Expire
Specifies the date when a temporary ID expires.
Trial Period End
Specifies the date when employment trial period ends.
Initial Vacation Bal
Specifies the date when an employee receives their initial vacation balance for use.
Specifies the date when the internship ends.
Specifies when an employee’s probationary period is over.
Sorting the Results
The default view of the report displays the returned results in a sorted view based on the date of the task.
Users may change how the reported results are displayed:
- Sort on columns, click the column header to highlight the column and then click one of the sort buttons
- Select Filter and define filter criteria.
- Select column name(s) to filter.
- Select arrow to move to filter criteria.
- Select filter
- Enter values for filter criteria.
- Select green Check to return results.
Download to Excel