WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR ORIENTATION
Important Notice: Support Staff Orientation has been replaced by the New Employee Welcome Program. This page will be deleted within 30 days.
The program is offered every Monday from 9:00–11:00 a.m. for all new MSU employees. Learn about MSU’s history and culture as well as important employee resources.
- Register for the New Employee Welcome Program here.
- Learn more at the Employee Transitions SharePoint site.
Important Documents to Review
- There are many important documents you will review in the PageUp Applicant Tracking System Onboarding Portal. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding any of these during orientation. The documents include:
- Policy on Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct
- Rules Governing Personal Conduct
- Veteran/Disability Letter
- Work-Life Guide
Highlights from the Human Resources website
- There are many important links you will review from the HR website in the PageUp Applicant Tracking System Onboarding Portal. You will have the opportunity to ask any question you may have regarding any of these during orientation. The documents include:
- You will be issued your MSU NetID and given your PIN to activate the NetID.
- Please note that you may not be able to access the EBS Portal until the day after your first day of employment.
- Pre-registration of device(s) for two-factor authentication will be necessary for completing benefits enrollment.
- Information and instructions for two-factor authentication
Access to MSU’s email system will be reviewed
- Benefits information will be reviewed
Important paperwork that will be completed during orientation includes:
- Form I-9 (if not already complete)
Forms that may be completed at orientation or at a later time:
- Parking/Vehicle Registration