Faculty Handbook

Identification Cards


All members of the faculty and academic staff are encouraged to obtain identification cards. The identification cards are useful for campus privileges.  It is inappropriate to alter, falsify or misuse an MSU I.D. card.

To obtain an ID card, the faculty/academic staff member may visit the ID Office located in Room 170 International Center, 8:00-4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. A government issued ID (driver license, passport, etc.) is necessary for processing.

Spouses of faculty and academic staff may obtain IDs entitling them to certain privileges. To obtain the spouse card, the employee and spouse must both appear in person, present the employee's Michigan State University ID, proof of marriage, and a government issued photo such as a driver's license or passport. There is no charge for the initial card.

Back to Faculty Handbook